The DRC Somalia Programme is the largest programmes in East Africa region and has been providing relief and development services since 1997. DRC is among the INGOs with the largest presence in Somalia, with country-wide programmes implemented through six main sub offices in Somaliland, Puntland, Hiran Region, Gedo Region, Bay Region and Banadir Region. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant
About the job.
The Supply Chain Officer will be part of the Somalia Crisis Recovery Project (SCRP) Implementation team based in Jowhar. S/he is responsible for all day-to-day tasks – i.e. procurement of goods and services, warehousing, transportation of goods and people, vehicle fleet management, and general logistics support – to ensure smooth delivery of the SCRP activities in Jowhar and Balcad districts. The post holder will be required to ensure compliance with SCRP client and DRC procedures and guidelines for all supply chain functions undertaken during the delivery of the SCRP activities. The role contributes to the adaptive planning in the SCRP supply chain management to conduct an effective value chain analysis and ensure the best value for money for all goods, services, and works pertaining to the project. The role will be required to coordinate with delivery teams of implementing partners in the same locations, and provide support and/or technical guidance as needed..
Duties and Responsibilities.
The role of the post holder will predominantly fall into the following key responsibility, but not limited to.
- Ensure all the procurement processes are in line with DRC Operations Handbook and as per SCRP guidelines.
- Provide effective and efficient support to program needs.
- Develop and maintain relevant data bases.
- Maintaining a well-organized documentation both physically and on share points as per archiving and filling policies
- Generate weekly and monthly status reports. Provide data for reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs) through the monthly Delivery Reporting Tool (DRT).
- Establish and follow up project procurement plans.
- Track all orders, purchases and deliveries.
- Ensure that all procurement specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected.
- Oversee all SCRP purchase and service contracts to ensure adherence to DRC and SCRP client policies and procedures.
- Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer term supply contracts.
- Ensure DRC supplier due diligence is effective in the relevant context
- Correctly apply ERP supply chain processes.
- Coordinate with programme staff to ensure supply chain involvement in the whole project cycle.
- Assist in the Procurement of all goods and services and including DRC Dynamics.
- Ensure that all orders are tracked from point of planning and request through to final receipt including DRC Dynamics.
- Prepare the relevant documents for the procurement of goods and services and including DRC Dynamics.
- Participate in evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiation and negotiated contract in selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report including DRC Dynamics.
- Participate in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment and to ascertain the items conformity to Technical Specifications and Quantities including DRC Dynamics.
Fixed Assets in Dynamics
- Work with Programe teams and support any new assets purchased for Dynamic registration.
- Share the asset information from Dynamic if CO or Donor required,
- Create any new assets Purchased and update via Dynamics.
- Check the Monthly status of Assets from for this project.
- Prepare the weekly clean up reports for the project areas,
- Follow up with area teams for Purchase requisition Clean ups, (Draft, in Review, Rejected)
- Follow up with area teams for Purchase orders Clean ups up to invoiced status,
- Support the area teams in case they have challenges on cleaning the POs and PRs,
- Raise a ticket for POs and PRs which can be not managed at area Level,
Vendor Prospects and Vetting – Ensure all vendors are created in DRC Dynamics following the Somalia MEMO.
- Ensure all vendors are created in DRC Dynamics following the Somalia MEMO,
- Collect all supporting documents for new vendors creation and send to CO for DYN registration.
- Collect all supporting documents for vendor vetting both the new vendors and vendors signing new contracts/POs.
Other supply chain responsibilities:
- Maintain transparency and accountability in all procurement activities
- Maintain good archiving system of hard copies and soft copies on SharePoint of all procurement documents and upload them in DRC Dynamics,
- Facilitate procurement processes through DRC Dynamics, as well as ensuring that any tender documents received are properly registered and kept secured
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by Line Manager.
Experience, Education and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant and practical work experience in Supply Chain in crisis recovery and drought resilience programming context and with international organization(s) preferably working in the hard-to-reach areas in Hirshabelle State.
- University degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Business Management or any related field with 3 years of practice experience.
- Competence in providing technical guidance and training.
- Proven experience in working with national partners, and local/government authorities.
- Excellent computer skills – proficiency in Excel spreadsheet and Excel Formulas, and ability to work with Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (writing and oral), reporting, and presentation skills in English and Somali language.
- Self-motivated, team player, and proactive character with proven ability to effectively plan and prioritize tasks, perform multiple tasks efficiently and meet deadlines.
- Honest and trustworthy person with a proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Previous experience of working in hard-to-reach areas and environments with high-security demand, and willingness to travel and ability to work under pressure.In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to our values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Contract length: 8 Months.
Band: (Non-management -H2)
Designation of Duty Station: Jowhar Somalia
Start date: February 2023.
The position is open to Somalia national only.
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English. Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Closing date for applications: 17th January 2023.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
DRC as an employer
By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
- Professionalism, impact & expertise
- Humanitarian approach & the work we do
- Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
- Culture, values & strong leadership
- Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives. We encourage all interested candidates to apply!