TVET Coordinator based in Hargeisa, Somaliland-National Position (1 Position)
locally hired position
Area of Operation:
21st December 2022
Starting in Jan 2023, 1 Year with the possibility of extension
FCA works to enable people to break the circle of poverty and violence. We are a rights-based actor, a Finnish organization with 70 years of experience, with operations in 15 countries. FCA is Finland’s largest NGO in development cooperation and second largest provider of disaster relief. Our action is guided by international human rights standards and principles. We realize our mission and vision through development cooperation, humanitarian assistance and advocacy work. We contribute to positive change by supporting people in the most vulnerable situations within fragile and disaster-affected areas. We consider three thematic areas as central to sustainable change: the right to peace (R2P), livelihood (R2L) and quality education (R2QE). In Somalia and Somaliland FCA has been working under a right to peace thematic areas since 2008 including governance and reconciliation projects and later has expanded in quality education (R2QE) thematic area.
Primary purpose of the position:
The TVET Coordinator is responsible for supporting and developing the collaboration with TVET Institutions. The coordinator should ensure the training by TVET partners had meet the project expectations and is conducted in timely manner with high quality. She/He will support implementation and coordination of the TVET and business skill development projects in SOCO.
- The position will ensure all the TVET-related project achievements meet the targets as stated in project proposals and in the country strategy.
- Support beneficiary’s identification, verification, crosschecking, and final selection in line with program plans, selection criteria, and standards.
- The position will provide technical assistance and advice, including review, develop, and modify the training methodology learning materials, application of training manual, modules, and curriculum in addition lesson plan/scheme of work.
- The position will ensure the quality of TVET program meets the project expectation.
- The position will develop the mentoring and job-seeking and internship assistance system.
- The position will also support the Project Manager in TVET including develop the networking with stakeholders in this area and working together with related stakeholders in relation with the development of TVET program.
- Work closely with project staff team including MEAL on ways to improve project quality, and monitoring performance of partners in relation with Curriculum, modules and delivery of the training.
- Closely monitor the overall TVET training program for the trainees including business management support and career guidance and counselling (CGC).
- Documented learning in project documents and reports
- Develop annual, quarterly, and monthly workplans for the assigned components and keep the project manager updated for any change’s updates, progress and challenges as well.
- Ensure the preparation and timely submission of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports (Narrative and financial) for projects.
- Share learning and best practices and ensure that they are incorporated into future work.
- Help to develop and oversee TORs for TVET-related activities.
- Conduct continuous search for innovation and improved learning program practices within and outside SOCO to pursue continuous program improvement and technology adaptation into TVET programs.
- Monitor the development of Somaliland TVET sector and align
- FCA’s programming with it.
- Incorporate FCA’s Education and Livelihoods strategies to
- Somaliland programming.
- Provide critical technical input into the strategy, design, indicators and proposed detailed implementation plan of project Technical Vocational and Education Training program. And application of LL2E and CGC.Support with the instructors the Development learning lesson plan and scheme of work.
- Monitor TVET delivery quality and ensure the program achieves its goal and objective.
- Alert Project Manager and coordinate with internal related staff as well as external stakeholders (if required) if there are any variations from initially agreed workplan and TVET strategy.
- Develop relations and network with Certification and Examination board to lead certification/accreditation process.
- Building relations with training institutions, government key line ministries and private sector and other FIs.
Competence, experience, skills, knowledge needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Psychology, or equivalent, Social Work, Business Administration, development studies, projects management, or another related field.
- At least 4+ years of experience in TVET, Livelihood with practical knowledge on youth and Women Economic empowerment programs.
- A person must have prior understanding on Career Guidance, Counselling, and business coaching.
- Experience in Somaliland Youth and Women socio-economic development.
- Strong knowledge and proven working experience in TVET/Education/Livelihood in both humanitarian and development aid.
- Previous experience working in managing field activities with focus on youth and women employability.
- Knowledge of and experience in working and coordinating with government ministries, INGOs system, private sector and development agencies/partners will add great value.
- Experience working in the marginalized communities with understanding of challenges facing youth and women in Somaliland/Somalia
- Good analytical skill
- Good interpersonal communication and facilitation skills for mentoring and knowledge sharing
- Able to work both in team and independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent oral and written English skills required
FCA practices zero tolerance against concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen [contractor/external party name] (i.e. applicants, contracts, suppliers, consultants, etc.) against international lists to ensure due diligence and compliance with Anti-money laundering and Combating the Financing of terrorism requirements). FCA’s Child Safeguarding Policy applies to all FCA staff. Conversing will lead to automatic disqualification
How to apply
Please apply by using the link no later than 21st December 2022. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be short-listed and contacted for an interview on a progressive basis.
FCA practices zero tolerance against concerning aid diversion and illegal actions and may screen