|Job title||VAC-9561 UNSOS Project Manager – Somalia|
|Number of vacancies||1|
|Qualification||Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Business Administration (desirable).
Diploma in Project Management (desirable).
|Sector experience||Minimum of 10 years year/s of demonstrable relevant Security experience (essential).
Minimum of 10 years year/s of demonstrable relevant Military experience (essential).
|Geographical experience||Minimum of 2 years year/s of experience in Afghanistan (desirable).
Minimum of 2 years year/s of experience in Somalia (desirable).
|Languages||Fluent in English (essential).
Working level in Somali Mai-Mai (desirable).
|CTG overview||CTG staff and support humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world, providing a rapid and cost-effective service for development and humanitarian missions. With past performance in 17 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, and Asia, we have placed more than 20,000 staff all over the world since operations began in 2006.
CTG recruits, deploys and manages the right people with the right skills to implement humanitarian and development projects, from cleaners to obstetricians, and mechanics to infection specialists, we’re skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. Key to successful project delivery is the ability to mobilise at speed; CTG can source and deploy anyone, anywhere, in less than 2 weeks and have done so in 48 hours on a number of occasions.
Through our efficient and agile HR, logistical and operational services, CTG saves multilateral organisations time and money. We handle all our clients’ HR related issues, so they are free to focus on their core services.
Visit www.ctg.org to find out more
|Overview of position||The UNSOS Project Manager (PM) is a critical security role located in hostile environments and has overall responsibility for security operations on the designated site. They are to maintain a strong link with the designated client point of contact, Hart Country Management Team (CMT), Project team and any other stakeholders to deliver the security solutions. The PM will be the primary focus in country for client liaison and contract compliance. The post requires prudent management of the security guard force daily and close liaison with senior management.|
|Role objectives||HSE and Complianc
· In conjunction with the HSSE Manager, oversee the management of workplace Health & Safety, ensuring that Risk and COSHH assessments are carried out and updated according to legislation, as well as having a proactive approach to the health and safety of clients and employees with regard to training and awareness.
· Act as the project Expert on adherence to the standards and principles as defined in the International Code of Conduct, The Montreux Document, PSCI standards. Ensure teams compliance with the Rules for Use of Force and the laws of armed conflict, Anti- corruption and Bribery laws.
· Ensure compliance with Hart and the Clients health and safety standards including:
o Vehicle inspections, training and use
o Firearms inspections, training and use
o Fire response drills
o Personal and catering hygiene
o Company Life Saving Rules
o Prohibition of the abuse of alcohol and narcotics
· Work in liaison with the Hart QA/QC Manager to ensure project operations and control is within Company standards to ISO 9001 and PSC1. Participate in QA/QC audit schedule ensuring all corrective actions are completed as per the Hart Quality Management Systems (QMS).
· Provide the HSSE Manager with timely monthly reports including incidents and statistics.
· Communicate safety meeting minutes and notes to all project personnel.
· Prepare Job Specifications on behalf of CM or Head of HR for all UN posts.
· Planning for manning, anticipate future requirements through resignations and terminations to ensure a pipeline of candidates have been identified and ready for mobilisation. Complete interviews with short-listed candidates and recommend for hire.
· Conduct and supervise performance reviews for each rotation. Provide completed performance reviews to the Head of HR.
· Direct and manage programme of work for the PSD workforce within your domain, ensuring that a leave programme is properly managed. Oversee the Guard Commanders leave programme to ensure compliance with Company standards.
· In liaison with the Training Team, ensure staff are trained and qualified for their role, complete competency evaluations, maintain training records.
· Ensure that the UN workforce is managed in accordance with the policies and directives laid down by the Head of HR and local employment regulations.
Establish and maintain transparent communication lines with the Country Management team to manage personnel and social issues.
· Manage all financial transactions in accordance with Hart Financial Instructions – particular attention is to be paid to the handling of and accounting for cash.
· Ensure that cost effectiveness is a key driver within all business activities.
· Monitor cash flow closely and forecast problems in good time.
· Oversee the financial aspects of projects within your area.
· Ensure all financial reports, records of income and expenditure are produced in a timely fashion
|Key competencies||· Formal security/business/international relations qualification
· Recognized workplace health and safety qualification ie: IOSH or equivalent desirable
· Close Protection Qualification/Hostile Environment Training Essential
· Well-developed English oral and written skills.
· Ability to think under pressure and guide a team
· Computer literate with knowledge of MS Office applications
· Effective time-management skills, well balanced interpersonal and client focussed skills
|Team management||At least 10 years Military experience of a Senior Leadership role
At least 2 years’ experience gained in a leadership commercial sector within an austere environment such as Iraq/Afghanistan/Somalia
Experience managing a workforce of static guards.
|Further information||· Physically and mentally fit
· Fluent English and highly desirable: Somalian
|Disclaimer: At no stage of the recruitment process will CTG ask candidates for a fee. This includes during the application stage, interview, assessment and training.|