The WASH Assistant (Hydrogeologist) will lead geophysical survey activities, prepare borehole Drilling BoQs, Designs and geological surveying and supervise borehole drilling and equipping process. This incumbent will be responsible for subsurface water investigation and researches and will supervise advice and report drilling activates, he/she will analyse samples and report samples interpretation during the drilling activities.
Advise IRS about the potentiality of the drilling sites using the IR geophysical survey equipment, present geological features and land formation of different geological zones and regions and applicable drilling equipment’s to each sites, he/she shall ensure that success drilling rate is high
SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Participate geophysical surveying to identify underground water sources and the potential aquifers; prepare hydrogeological and geophysical reports and maps; and interpret research data to recommend further actions.
- The position holder will lead geophysical assessment for boreholes to accurately define technical problems in the targeted sites and recommend solutions.
- Based on the technical assessment findings, the WASH Assistant will develop technical drawings and BOQs for Borehole drilling and equipping.
- Analyze and interpret geological, geochemical, and geophysical information from sources such as survey data, well logs, boreholes and produce understandable reports by ordinary person to facilitate decision making
- WASH Assistant Will conduct technical supervisions of works, to ensure that the contractor strictly follows the BOQs and drawings and instruct drilling contractors for borehole drillings technicalities including the type of the drilling equipment’s to be used and borehole yield and water quality
- Submit progress reports and measure work completed in order to recommend payment releases to the contractors.
- In support with the area coordinator, he/she will organize water management trainings for water committees and O&M training for the operators
- Under supervision of the WASH Officer, he/she will handover completed WASH projects to the communities through government relevant authorities.
- He/ She will be expected to oversee any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
- Creativity and Initiative.
- Leadership and Negotiation.
- Performance Management.
- Performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Demonstrate capacities to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- Bachelor degree in geoscience related field, including Hydrogeology, geology, geophysics or similar skills and knowledge demonstrably acquired.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3 years of progressively responsible involving in Borehole drillings, underground water investigations and geological activities with Bachelor degree in geoscience related field
- At least 3 years’ field experience in borehole drilling supervision Plus Bachelor degree in geohydrology, geology or hydrogeology.
- Proven experience with surface and subsurface water management and specially in underground water investigation, supervision of drilling and soil and water sample analyses
- Proven technical expertise in the area of borehole drilling including survey, implementation, technical design, monitoring and coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of working procedures in large organizations. Ability to write clear, well-argued technical assessment and project reports.
- Capacity to contribute water related project proposals
- English and Somali language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing).
- Good writing and reporting skills.
Additional job responsibilities
Any other assignment directed by the line supervise.
How to apply
- Candidates who are interested submit their CVs and cover letters.
- Each application should be addressed to the HR account: hr.mogadishu@islamic- relief.so and include the following:
- An updated CV; and · An application letter
- Copy of your National ID card or passport.