JOB DESCRIPTION – WASH ENGINEER
Job Grade: 7
Department: Wash Engineering
Location Garowe with covering all Puntland Branches
Reports To: Disaster Management Director
Technically Reports None
SRCS is an independent, non-political humanitarian organisation. It was established in April 1963 and became a legal entity following Presidential Decree No. 187 in 1965. SRCS has operated continuously throughout the country’s period of civil war and political divide and is credited for its unity as one National Society. It operates through a network of nineteen branches with activities spread all across the country.
SRCS is currently seeking to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position of Wash Engineer based in Garowe and covering all puntland branches.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of technical designs and drawings, Bill of Quantities/cost estimation, tender documents and supervise for all WASH infrastructures including the installation of solar systems
- Supervises contractors working on project sites and conducts quality control of infrastructure installed by the national society.
- Ensures that contract terms are understood and respected by the contractors
- Establishes a close working relationship and networks with the relevant stakeholders
- Oversees hand-over of SRCS-provided infrastructure to end-users
- Organizes trainings for end-users in relation to the operation and maintenance of infrastructure installed by SRCS
- Prepares activity implementation/progress reports and shares with the technical supervisor
- Assist Operations officer and the NS relevant branch in rehabilitation design and implementation of program
- Verification of the appropriate standard and quantity of materials used in water and sanitation schemes.
- Ensuring construction of projects in accordance with approved designs
- Providing training to community members on proper operation and maintenance of schemes
- Work in close cooperation with all key stakeholders including government authorities, community leaders, beneficiaries, partner organizations, and other providers.
- Ensure timely and efficient monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Contribute to the development of water and sanitation schemes
- Assist in the design and implementation of other complementary rehabilitation interventions (including livelihoods).
- Participate in field assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies in order to map areas requiring new water sources and sanitation facilities in Puntland regions.
- Compile quality construction, progress reports and updates
- Conduct any other programming responsibility delegated by the supervisors.
- Closely collaborate an liaise with the SRCS’s country operations officer
- Fulfill another tasks directed by the line manager.
Skills and Qualifications
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Construction management, Architecture, mechanical, water or environmental engineering
- 3 years of professional experience in the supervision of WASH-related infrastructural/Civil engineering works; experience working with an international humanitarian organization is an asset
- Proficient in the use of drawing software; AutoCAD, WaterCAD, or other relevant software
- Experience in managing technical support staff
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and practices strict adherence to timelines
- Excellent planning and reporting skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali languages
- Computer proficiency especially in MS office suite
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their updated CV and cover letter in one PDF to email@example.com
Note: applications which do not meet the above requirements will not be considered. Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted. Please write the position you are applying on the subject line. If you fail to write the subject line, your application will be disqualified.
Deadline for Applications: 5th May, 2023.