Position: WASH Mobilizer
Department: Project Implementation Unit
Direct Hierarchy: Senior WASH Officer
Starting date: December 2022
Background on ACTED
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their interventions seek to cover the multiple aspects of humanitarian and development crises through a multidisciplinary approach which is both global and local, and adapted to each context.
ACTED is looking for professionally confident, self-motivated, experienced and committed team player to fill the WASH Mobilizer position in Baidoa, Somalia.
The WASH MOBILIZER will be responsible for the needs assessment and implementation of WASH activities in the area. He/she will also be in charge as assigned to him/her by Project Officer for all Wash activities in target communities. Additionally, this position will support Wash Component i.e hygiene promotion volunteers and ensure implementation OF Wash Activities is done in close collaboration with WASH program team, the local community, the Local authority and other relevant agencies
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. .Assessment and mobilization
- Conduct field-based needs assessments and consolidate the information for planning and implementing WASH project activities in Somalia.
- Translate field assessment findings into feasible and relevant project proposals
- Mobilize community members to actively participate in WASH interventions.
- Design appropriate sanitation facilities for the target communities.
- Design and implement a context specific health promotion strategy for the operation area.
- Implement appropriate WASH requirements; waste management, safe water supply and hygiene promotion, in ACTED facilities.
- Develop and implement a monitoring plan for all WASH activities in the area of jurisdiction. Identify forums for community involvement in monitoring of WASH activities.
- Integrate WASH into primary activities
4. Supervision and Training
- Directly supervise the Community Volunteers.
- Develop and implement capacity building plans for community volunteers
- Develop and implement context specific training guides on hygiene promotion for community volunteers.
- Develop Clear plan for Community Water trucking
- Provide timely reports on the field trips, monitoring visits and assessments to the Project Officer.
- Compile weekly, monthly and other ACTED substantial reports as may be required; including donor reports
- Diploma with 1-2 years working experience in the field of WASH or water engineering or other related disciplines; plus, relevant work experience in Food Security and community water, Sanitation and hygiene programs for displaced populations.
- Be able to use a wide variety of software, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently in a result oriented multi-tasking and multi-cultural environment and manage conflicting priorities.
- Proven practical experience in the planning and execution of water and sanitation projects. Possibly experience in social work and / or humanitarian assistance.
- Demonstrated experience of integrating gender and diversity issues into WASH Programming
- Fluency in English, oral and written with strong report writing skills.
- Project Management
- Knowledge on Wash Programming
- Knowledge in Budget Management
- Transparency and accountability
- Planning and organizing
- Effective communication
- Report Writing
How to apply
Qualified Somali Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to email@example.com and received on or before 5.00PM on 11th December 2022 with the subject line
“WASH Mobilizer – Baidoa”
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
ACTED is committed to protecting beneficiaries within our programmes from exploitation and abuse and any kind of misconduct. ACTED has specific policies, including PSEA and Child Protection, which outlines the expected behavior and the responsibility of all staff, beneficiaries, consultants and other stakeholders and has zero tolerance towards misconducts. Any candidate offered a job with ACTED will be expected to sign ACTED’s organizational Policies and Code of Conduct as an annex to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.