WATER & HABITAT ENGINEER
About the Job
The Water & Habitat (WatHab) Engineer plans, designs and implements engineering projects, monitors on-site works, carries out needs assessments, surveys and initiates new projects within the area of responsibility.
This is a national/resident position based in Kismayo, Somalia.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares relevant documents, drawings, bills of quantities and contracts for engineering projects using approved formats
- Monitors project implementation for compliance with project documents, ICRC standards, and the local building code/standards, ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary
- Supervises contractors working on project sites and conducts quality control of infrastructure installed by the ICRC
- Ensures that contract terms are understood and respected by the contractors
- Establishes a close working relationship and networks with the relevant stakeholders
- Monitors security issues related to project sites and provides regular information to the technical supervisor
- Oversees hand-over of ICRC-provided infrastructure to end-users
- Organizes trainings for end-users in relation to the operation and maintenance of infrastructure installed by ICRC
- Prepares project implementation/progress reports and shares with the technical supervisor
Skills and Qualifications
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Construction management, Architecture, mechanical, water or environmental engineering
- 5 years of professional experience in the supervision of civil engineering works; experience working with an international humanitarian organization is an asset
- Proficient in use of drawing softwares; AutoCAD or other relevant softwares
- Experience in managing technical support staff
- Detail-oriented, highly organised and practices strict adherence to timelines
- Excellent planning and reporting skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali languages
- Computer proficiency especially in MS office suite
- Flexibility and willingness to travel extensively in Somalia
- Good knowledge of political, economic, social and cultural environment of this region
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 29th December 2022. Clearly indicate Water & Habitat Engineer Kismayo in the subject line of your email message when submitting your application. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
You are also required to click on this link to fill the job application form: WATHAB Engineer Kismayo
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to email@example.com.
Click on the link for information on data protection: Personal data protection information The ICRC values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive working environment.